Puppy Sales Contract
Arizona Sunrise Shih Tzus & Poos Puppy Sales Contract
This agreement is between:
Breeder/Seller’s full name:
Buyer’s full name:
Final Purchase Price:
Discounts and details:
Terms and Conditions of Agreement
- If breeder/seller determines that the puppy has been abused or new owner breaks ANY of the terms described in this contract, the breeder/seller has right to take possession of the dog without a refund, take legal action, and charge the monetary fines described below. Buyer will also be responsible for all travel expenses if dog is returned to breeder/seller.
- The buyer agrees to not leave puppy/dog outside alone. The purchased dog is to be raised indoors as a member of the family full time. Also, the buyer agrees that the purchased dog will never be left in a garage, chained outside or inside or raised in a kennel. If buyer breaks this agreement, breeder/seller has the right to take back legal ownership of the puppy/dog. There will be no refund and a $5000 penalty will be charged plus travel expenses.
- The buyer agrees to never use the puppy/dog for research, testing or vivisection. If used for research/vivisection/testing purposes, the breeder/seller has right to take back ownership of the puppy/dog. There will be no refund and a $5000 dollar penalty will be charged plus any travel expenses.
- The breeder/seller doesn’t refund/guarantee temperament, adult size, adult weight, confirmation, coloring/markings on puppy/dog. The buyer is purchasing the puppy as is. Any discounts and reasons for the discounts have been mentioned in the discounts and details section. Buyer is purchasing the puppy fully aware of the faults mentioned in the details section.
- The buyer agrees to never sell/give away/rehome/transfer/release ownership of the purchased puppy/dog to anyone without breeder’s written consent. The buyer understands puppy/dog must reside in the home with the individual who was approved on the application full time. Breeder/seller must be notified if buyer no longer wants the puppy/dog. Breeder/seller will gladly take back the dog or assist buyer in finding a suitable home. Buyer understands that he/she will no longer have any claims to the animal if returned to breeder/seller. Buyer shall release all rights and furnish breeder/seller with medical records.
- Buyer agrees to not act as an agent in the purchase of puppy/dog. Buyer agrees that the dog and his/her offspring may not under any circumstances be given to or sold by or through any commercial broker, wholesale establishment, chain store, catalog sales, dog dealer or pet store. The breeder/seller has the right to take back ownership of puppy/dog if buyer tries to sell/give away/rehome or transfer ownership of the dog/puppy in any of the ways listed in this contract without written permission/consent from breeder/seller. There will also be no refund, the puppy/dog will be returned to breeder/seller, legal action will be taken and a $5000 dollar penalty will be charged plus any travel expenses.
- Buyer understands that the puppy/dog will never be intentionally placed in a dog shelter. If dog is intentionally placed in shelter there will be a $5000 penalty plus travel expenses. Contact me instead, I’ll gladly take back the dog.
- Buyer will never euthanize puppy/dog without a licensed veterinarian’s recommendation. There will be no refund and puppy/dog will be returned to breeder/seller and a $5000 penalty will be charged plus travel expenses. Please contact me if you cannot care for the dog. I’d be happy to find a new home for the dog.
- Buyer agrees to notify breeder/seller if there is a change in address, phone number or email in order to keep the lines of communication open. Buyer agrees to remain in contact with breeder/seller in regards to puppy/dog by providing a current photo and a short update at least once a month until the puppy turns 1. After the first birthday, breeder/seller will contact buyer from time to time asking for a photo or video and a short update. If puppy owner refuses to provide breeder/seller with the necessary information in regards to the puppy update requirements after 6 failed attempts breeder has the right to take the puppy back without a refund. I need to know that the puppy is okay!
- Buyer understands that by signing this contract, Buyer is giving breeder the right to contact any veterinarian that has cared for the puppy/dog via phone or email if there is ever a question about any of the contract policies being upheld. Buyer gives breeder the right to show any veterinarian that has cared for the purchased puppy/dog a copy of this signed contract if proof of permission is needed to discuss the well being or contract policies pertaining to the purchased puppy/dog.
- Buyer understands that the puppy is being sold as a companion animal. The puppy is being sold WITHOUT breeding rights. Purchased puppy must be spayed/neutered by 8 months of age. Breeder/Seller shall retain all breeding rights pertaining to puppy until spay/neuter is confirmed. After sterilization breeding rights will no longer be a concern.
- Buyer understands that the reservation fee is $500 and non-refundable.
Breeder understands that there are circumstances where a puppy/dog may need to be returned to the breeder. If buyer returns the puppy to the breeder, buyer understands that he/she no longer will have any rights to the above mentioned puppy/dog after surrender takes place. Buyer understands that breeder will care for puppy until a suitable home is found.
Buyer understands that all medical records and microchip information must be returned to breeder when the puppy is surrendered.
Buyer understands that breeder doesn’t guarantee any sort of refund outside of the 3 day health or genetic guarantee. It is completely up to the breeder whether or not any funds will be returned to the buyer. Breeder will try to re-home the puppy but may not get back the original purchase price. Buyer may have to give the puppy to family or a friend if a suitable home isn’t found within a timely fashion. The goal is to find the puppy a loving family as soon as possible. This is in the best interest of the puppy!
Buyer understands that if breeder decides to issue any sort of refund, the deposit and any other fees that were incurred while waiting to find a suitable home for the puppy will be deducted. This includes boarding fees, vet fees, advertising fees, medical care, transportation fees, etc.
To the best of the breeder/seller’s knowledge the puppy being sold is healthy. The puppy has been checked over by a licensed veterinarian and found to be in good health at the time of the exam.
The buyer is responsible for having the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days of purchase. If the licensed veterinarian finds the puppy/dog unfit for sale, the puppy/dog may be returned to breeder/seller for a full refund of the purchase price. Breeder/seller is not responsible for travel expenses. The veterinarian must provide a written/signed statement deeming the puppy/dog unfit for purchase which must be received by breeder/seller within 48 hours of veterinary exam. Breeder has the right to get a second opinion by another licensed veterinarian. If both the buyer and the breeder’s licensed veterinarians agree that the puppy/dog is unfit for sale than a full refund will be issued.
- This guarantee excludes any health conditions caused by buyer’s ill treatment, neglect or any issues that arise from transportation from breeder/seller’s home to buyer’s home.
- Breeder/seller understands how heartbreaking it would be to lose a family member. As a result, all puppies come with a two year genetic/congenital health guarantee as long as the breeder/seller receives proof that the puppy was checked by a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days of pick up.
- The genetic/congenital guarantee covers untreatable life threatening genetic/congenital defects of the heart, kidneys and liver for up to two years from purchase date. The buyer will receive a refund as long as buyer’s veterinarian and breeder/seller’s veterinarian both confirm that the puppy suffers from a life threatening genetic/congenital defect of the heart, kidney or liver. In case of death, a necropsy will be required to determine if death has a genetic/congenital cause before receiving a refund.
- If a vet check by a licensed veterinarian isn’t completed within 3 business days of purchase, the genetic/congenital guarantee and health agreement are null and void. Email, a copy of the vet check paperwork to breeder/seller to activate the warranty. Furthermore, if buyer fails to provide breeder with proof that the puppy was checked over by a licensed veterinarian within 3 business days of pick up or isn’t receiving vaccinations on schedule then breeder/seller has the right to take back the puppy without a refund. Buyer will be responsible for travel expenses. Breeder has the right to ask for documentation/proof at anytime. Remember, breeder is looking for RESPONSIBLE pet owners.
- Common conditions in Shih Tzus that are correctable and/or non-life threatening such as delayed closure/hernia, undescended testicles, pinched nostrils, hypoglycemia, open fontanel, retained/impacted teeth, crooked teeth, overbite, underbite, crooked tail, etc… aren’t covered under the health contract.
- Dental issues are common in brachycephalic breeds due to their short muzzle and flat face. Viral and bacterial infections, allergic reactions, vomiting, and diarrhea aren’t covered by this agreement either.
- Intestinal parasites/worms are common in puppies and don’t qualify a puppy as unfit. All puppies will be up to date on core vaccinations and deworming. Buyer is responsible for completing the rest of the puppy vaccination series and deworming protocol.
- Breeder/seller highly recommends that you keep your new puppy away from unvaccinated animals, pet stores, dog parks, and other places that there could possibly be unvaccinated dogs until the vaccine/deworming series is complete. PARVOVIRUS is real and can be fatal! Remember, ALL FOUR PAWS OFF THE FLOOR in any area an unvaccinated dog may have roamed! I don’t refund if your puppy catches a virus or a bacterial infection after leaving my home. Please be extra precautious!
- The buyer will receive proof of vet health check/deworming/vaccinations in the Puppy Packet provided on puppy pick up day. Common, correctable non life threatening conditions like the ones described above do not warrant a refund. Breeder highly recommends that puppy buyers purchase pet insurance to help with the expenses involved in raising a Shih Tzu.
Permanent ownership of puppy and genetic/health guarantee are based upon compliance with the agreements discussed in this contract as well as any agreements that may I have you sign through SpaySecure, (the company and legal team I often hire to enforce the spay/neuter agreement.) The puppy/dog is being sold solely as a companion animal. Puppies are being sold on a strict legally binding spay/neuter contract. (Breeder/seller has the right and may choose to spay/neuter puppies before sending home.) Buyer is responsible for all costs in regards to spaying/neutering puppy/dog if procedure isn’t completed before leaving breeder/seller’s home.
- Females and males are to be spayed or neutered by 8 months of age. The breeder/seller and/or SpaySecure (the company I often use to enforce spay/neuter agreements) must receive written documentation of spay/neuter from the licensed veterinarian that performed the procedure. Furthermore, breeder will set up a quick video conference call to view the spay/neuter incision within one week of sterilization in order to view the scar while it is still visible.
- By signing this legally binding contract, Buyer is giving Breeder/seller and SpaySecure the authorization to call/email the vet clinic to confirm spay/neuter was completed on time and that the certificate is valid. Breeder will provide veterinarian with a copy of this signed contract if veterinarian requires proof of permission.
- If breeder/seller or SpaySecure cannot confirm the spay/neuter procedure was completed, legal action will take place and puppy will be returned to breeder/seller without a refund. Buyer will be fined $8000 in liquidated damages for failing to sterilize the puppy/dog on time.
- If the licensed veterinarian says the puppy has an emergent medical issue that must be addressed before the sterilization can be completed the breeder/seller may choose to give the new puppy owner an extension at breeder/seller’s discretion. In this matter, the new puppy owner is still responsible for making sure that the puppy doesn’t become pregnant or sire a litter. If the puppy becomes pregnant or sires a litter, the puppy owner will face the legal penalties discussed in this contract in regard to siring or producing a litter of puppies.
- If the dog purchased from breeder/seller produces a litter, buyer will be fined $3000 per puppy and will still need to give up rights to the dog and all remaining offspring/progeny without compensation. If the puppy/dog has an untimely death before spay/neuter can be completed, an authentic certificate of death endorsed by a licensed veterinarian will be required.
- Buyer also gives breeder and SpaySecure the legal right to call/email the vet clinic to confirm the death certificate is legitimate. Once again, breeder will provide veterinarian with a copy of this signed contract if veterinarian requires proof of permission. If breeder and/or SpaySecure cannot confirm death, breeder and/or SpaySecure has the right to take legal action which may lead to monetary fines for the buyer.
- In the event that the puppy/dog goes missing before spay/neuter can be completed at 8 months the breeder has the right to charge a $8,000 fee and take legal action which may lead to more monetary fines for the buyer. Breeder is looking for RESPONSIBLE pet owners that will do everything in their power to protect their puppy/dog.
There are other breeders out there with much more lenient contracts if you find my contract too harsh. My goal is to do everything in my power to provide my puppies with the very best lives. Each and every puppy born into my home is part of my legacy and owns a piece of my heart.
- I the buyer give breeder/seller and SpaySecure permission to contact the veterinarian that performed the spay/neuter procedure by phone or email to verify spay/neuter has been completed on time. I the buyer understand that breeder may provide the veterinarian that performed the procedure with a copy of this signed contract if proof of permission is required. If breeder and SpaySecure cannot verify through the veterinarian that the procedure was completed on time and in accordance with the contract then the breeder has the right to take back the purchased puppy. I the buyer understand that I will lose all rights to the puppy and receive no refund. Legal action may be taken and monetary fees will be charged.
- I the buyer understand that I will be required to show the spay/neuter incision to the breeder via a video conferencing call within a week of the sterilization procedure. This insures that the scar is still visible.
- I the buyer understand that any violations to the terms of this spay/neuter agreement, the agreement signed through SpaySecure, or any of the other terms stated in this contract will come with the monetary and legal penalties described.
- I the buyer also agree to pay $8000 in damages if I don’t sterilize the purchased puppy/dog according to the contract timeline. I the buyer understand that I will need to return the purchased puppy to the breeder if I don’t complete the spay or neuter on time unless the breeder/seller authorizes an extension.
- I the buyer agree to pay an additional $3000 per puppy, if the purchased puppy/dog is involved in producing a litter of puppies intentionally or accidentally.
The same rules and penalties apply to both male and female dogs that are involved in creating offspring. If breeder/seller finds out the purchased puppy wasn’t spayed/neutered by 8 months, breeder/seller has the right to take legal action, charge the fees mentioned in both this contract and the SpaySecure contract, and take back legal ownership of the puppy/dog and all remaining progeny without a refund. Furthermore, all warranties, health agreements and guarantees will be voided.
Buyer sign and date legally binding spay/neuter agreement:
Breeder/seller sign and date legally binding spay/neuter agreement:
Buyer and breeder/seller understand no other warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated. Buyer and breeder/seller agree to all of the terms and conditions described in this contract and the SpaySecure contract in regards to puppy/dog being purchased. Buyer agrees not to sue the breeder/seller and to pay all court costs should any suit be brought against the breeder/seller regarding the purchased puppy/dog.
Both buyer and breeder/seller signify acceptance of all statements and agreements mentioned in this contract by signing and dating below. If buyer breaks the fundamentals of this contract, breeder/seller has the right to take back ownership of the purchased puppy/dog without refund and charge fees mentioned in the contract. All of the agreements in this contract are legally binding.
Breeder/seller and buyer have executed this agreement effective by signing and dating below.
Buyer sign and date:
Breeder/Seller sign and date: