Program & Pricing Details
First Class Shih Tzu Breeding Program
The Arizona Sunrise Shih Tzus Difference
"Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten." - Gucci
The price range for a standard Shih Tzu puppy from my responsible breeding program typically runs from $3,450-$5,250. The average price is typically around the $4,850 price point. A Shih Tzu puppy with a rare color and a phenomenal temperament may price out at the higher end.
On occasion, I do reduce the price even further if I have a Shih Tzu puppy or two available after puppy go home day. There is nothing wrong with these puppies. They simply weren’t chosen because my current applicants were looking for a certain gender, color or temperament.
I pour my heart and soul into proper puppy raising. All of my purebred Shih Tzu puppies go through an extensive first class puppy curriculum program. Once you read through my program details below you will hopefully understand my pricing decisions.
It takes a great deal of dedication to raise puppies in the correct fashion. You can find Shih Tzu puppies for sale at your local pet store for about the same price point as my puppies. The difference is in the way I raise my Shih Tzu puppies!
- PLEASE read below to learn more about my first class breeding program and what the purchase price includes. You will learn what makes my program unique and worth every penny!
- Pricing details are available to clients before puppy pick day. This gives me time to observe and evaluate the puppies before deciding on a final price point. Clients are welcome to choose from a different litter if they’re not satisfied with their pick options.
- Head over to the reserve page to learn more about the puppy pick process. Also, fill out the application on the reserve page if you are ready to get started.
Purchase Price Includes:
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes from parents that are compliant with all mandatory health testing for the breed. All breeding adults have completed genetic health testing through Embark to guarantee purebred heritage and to help breeder make responsible breeding decisions.
- A Shih Tzu puppy whose parents have an EXCELLENT health testing rating through GoodDog.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes with a two-year genetic/congenital health guarantee.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that will go home with a complimentary pre-paid lifetime membership to Baxter & Bella’s dog training program. I do everything in my power to set my puppies and new owners up for success!
- A Shih Tzu puppy that is up to date on core puppy vaccinations and deworming. All core vaccinations are given by my veterinarian. Puppies owners will receive a vaccine record book.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes with a new owner puppy manual that I created. The manual contains a wealth of information for puppy owners.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes with a microchip in order to hopefully reunite owner and pet if ever necessary.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that grew up in a small, responsible Shih Tzu puppy breeding program. Running a small program gives me the necessary time to focus on providing the puppies with the best upbringing possible during the critical first 11-12 weeks of life.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that remained with his/her mother and littermates during the critical socialization period. Puppies typically aren’t eligible to go home until 11 weeks. Puppies learn important social skills from their mother and siblings. When puppies separate from their mother too early, they may suffer from separation anxiety, aggression, potty training issues, etc.
- A Shih Tzu puppy who grew up in the heart of my home. Puppies spend their first few weeks in the master bedroom so I can watch over them. When developmentally ready they move to a large playpen in our family room. I also expose my puppies to other environments both inside and outside of my home when they’re developmentally ready.
- A Shih Tzu puppy who received Early Neurological Stimulation Training in order to improve stress tolerance, heart function, adrenal function, and disease resistance.
- A Shih Tzu puppy who received Early Scent Introduction Training to develop nose awareness and a strong level of confidence in all aspects of life.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that took part in a first class puppy curriculum using key elements from Puppy Culture, AviDog and BAB Advanced Service Dog curriculum. I expose all puppies to a wide variety of sensory and tactile experiences, movement, different sights, different sounds and different situations to create confident, resilient, bulletproof puppies.
- A Shih Tzu puppy raised by a former first grade teacher. As a result, I know first hand the importance of individualizing the curriculum in order to meet the needs of each puppy in my program. Each puppy is unique with different temperament/personality traits. It is my job to find out what makes each and every one of my puppies tick.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes from parents that have went through temperament testing. A dog’s temperament is partially hereditary.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has underwent temperament testing to help give future puppy owners an inside look at their puppies emerging personality.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has been brought up by a Shih Tzu breeder that has a top notch education in proper puppy raising. I am constantly continuing my education in order to learn new things to make my program even better!
- A Shih Tzu breeder that has received several awards and certificates for her efforts in puppy rearing.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has underwent puppy training in order to understand the marker word “YES.” This short, simple verbal marker allows puppy raisers and puppy owners to offer immediate praise for desirable behaviors.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that is familiar with the “Puppy, Puppy, Puppy” recall. A reliable recall is essential and can help to recall a puppy from a potentially dangerous situation.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has had an introduction to crate training. I raise all my puppies in playpens. But, I understand that most dogs may need to travel in a crate from time to time. As a result, every puppy in my program gets several crate exposure sessions a week starting at week 6. Puppies are put in individual crates for up to half an hour with high value kibble, a treat or a Kong in order to help create a positive association.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has had exposure training sessions to hopefully help create confidence in going up and down steps.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has been taught to drink from a water fountain which is more hygienic and prevents spills. The puppies know how to drink from a bowl as well.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has been introduced to a harness.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that is familiar with grooming. I start grooming at a young age to hopefully help create compliance. Puppies receive at least two nail, eye, paw pad and butt trims before going home. Puppies also get a few bath and blow dry sessions while under my care.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that will receive an introduction to potty training. I train all puppies to potty on an artificial turf potty pad. I raise all puppies in a large playpen where they have a place to eat, drink, sleep and play. The turf potty tray is at the opposite end of their living quarters. Young puppies that grow up in tight living quarters, such as a cage, often eliminate where ever they can. This can make future potty training difficult. I try to expose puppies to the outdoors one week after the first set of vaccinations are complete. If I catch puppies going potty on the turf outdoors, I praise them by using the marker word, “yes” and often reward with a treat.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has tried a variety of foods that are rich in prebiotics and probiotics in order to create good gut colonization. Dogs with good gut colonization have been shown in studies to have robust immune systems and better behavioral health.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has been fed on a rotation diet. All of my puppies and adult dogs are fed healthy, high end dog food. You are what you eat!
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes from a breeder that is Scam Free Certified! Clients are welcome to verify my credentials by verifying my badge # 565732 by clicking here. (You can view my badge in the footer section.)
- A Shih Tzu puppy that is eligible to receive 30 days of free health insurance through Trupanion.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes from parents that are registered and come from an outstanding pedigree.
- A Shih Tzu puppy whose life journey will be available on Instagram so you can follow along and view updates, photos and videos. I post videos of the puppies engaging in curriculum nearly every day on Instagram stories!
- A Shih Tzu puppy that has spent time socializing with my adult dogs.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that comes with a strict spay/neuter contract to promote responsible pet ownership.
- A Shih Tzu puppy that received unconditional love and will always receive breeder support for the rest of his or her life! I will always be available for my clients and the dogs that were raised in my program for life!
Below is a list of all the classes and awards I have received.
- Good Dog Excellent Health Testing Award, Responsible Breeder Award.
- Good Dog/AviDog Courses: Your Litter A to Z, Savvy Socialization, Breeding Foundations, Pre-Breeding, Litter Management, Pregnancy & Whelping.
- American Kennel Club Certificates for completing the Whelping & Medical Intervention and Nutritional Influences on Reproduction Exams.
- Midwoofery Courses: Breeder Basics: Litter Care, Managing Puppy Parasites, Canine Color Genetics, Canine Fertility and Timing.
- Puppy Culture: The Powerful First 12 Weeks That Can Shape your Puppy’s Future.
- From Newborn to New Home: Madcap University
- Puppy Evaluator Course and Badge : BAB/Empowered Breeder Program.
- BAB/Empowered Breeder Courses: Choosing Breeding Pairs, Choosing Breeding Stock for your Program, Curriculum Planning-Raising Puppies According to Their Developmental Periods, Bottle and Tube Feeding, What do we need to know when placing service, therapy, facility, and ESA Dogs, How to Imprint a Litter to the Diabetic Scent, Newborn CPR, Considerations when raising a singleton.
- AKC Canine College Courses: ABC’s of Dog Breeding-Canine Genetics, Genetic Defects and Health, Breeding Systems, Kennel Blindness, Pedigree, Dog breeding-Selection.
First Class Puppy Curriculum
All of my standard Shih Tzu puppies for sale complete a first class puppy curriculum that will help stimulate them intellectually, developmentally, and socially. Click here to learn specific details about exactly what puppies learn in my responsible breeding program!
As I’ve mentioned before, puppies are the easiest to condition during their first 12 weeks of life! As a responsible Shih Tzu breeder, I understand that I cannot control the entire outcome in regards to the puppies temperament, but I can do my very best to help shape well-rounded bulletproof puppies.
Shih Tzu Temperament
All Shih Tzu puppies will go through temperament testing as well. Placing puppies in the correct home environment is an important goals in my responsible breeding program. I breed companion animals that will spend the next 10 plus years in their new homes.
Temperament testing isn’t a tell all, but it does give us an inside peek at the puppies emerging personality. There is much more that goes into the overall temperament including genetics, adequate socialization, life experiences, a nurturing home environment and proper training.
Shih Tzu Puppy Placement
Temperament testing will take place during week 9. After temperament testing is complete, the families that will receive a puppy from the litter and I will discuss the results of temperament testing.
I love giving puppy families a general idea of what specific personality traits each puppy is displaying before puppy pick day! This gives families the opportunity to choose a puppy that will hopefully match their lifestyle.
Purebred Shih Tzu Puppy
Responsible Breeding Program Goals
Another important aspect of my program is my breeding goals. It is my duty as a responsible Shih Tzu breeder to better the breed. My goal is to breed healthy Shih Tzu puppies with an even temperament. I want my puppies to provide their future families with many years of unconditional love.
In order to improve my breeding program, it is pertinent that the lines of communication remain open after puppies go home. I am looking for puppy owners who are comfortable sending an occasional photo or video, answering questions and giving puppy updates from time to time. This information helps me gain important knowledge about the puppies emerging temperament and health which is important to the future of my program as a whole. Remember, my job is to create healthy bulletproof puppies for families.
Ready to Get Started?
If you’re ready to work with a local, reputable Shih Tzu breeder that promises to always put the welfare of the puppies first, contact Arizona Sunrise Shih Tzus today! I am excited for you to see first hand how wonderful it is to own a standard Shih Tzu puppy raised on a first class puppy curriculum! Check out the nursery for available Shih Tzu puppies!