Contact me if you have any questions about purchasing a puppy. If you’re interested in being considered for a Shih Tzu puppy please complete the questionnaire below. You can send your responses to me via text. My phone number is (480) 645-5553.
- Full legal name(s) of all adults living in the home.
- Email address
- Phone number
- Residential address
- Current employer
- Are you willing to follow me on Facebook and/or Instagram? I post important and relevant information in regards to the puppies and their development. (I post the most on Instagram.)
- Are you willing to provide me with a copy of your driver’s license and a current utility bill that match your residential address if you’re chosen to receive a Shih Tzu puppy?
- How did you find out about Arizona Sunrise Shih Tzus?
- If you have children please list how many and their ages.
- Do you own any pets currently? What kind and how many? Have you owned pets in the past?
- If something were ever to happen to you who would care for the puppy/dog?
- Are you aware that I have subcontracted SpaySecure and their legal team to enforce the spay/neuter policy? Have you read through the legally binding contract before completing the questionnaire?
- Do you agree to remain in contact with seller in regards to puppy/dog by providing a current photo and a short update periodically?
- What are you looking for in a puppy? Are you looking for a specific gender or color? Are you willing to take home a puppy that doesn’t meet your desired gender and color preferences?
- What desired personality traits are you hoping for in a puppy? Undesired personality traits?
- Does anyone in your household have unique needs you’re hoping the puppy/dog can help with? Companion animal? Therapy dog? Service dog? Emotional Support dog?
- Do you have a fenced yard? If not, what are your plans for potty training and exercise?
- Has anyone residing in the household ever been convicted on any criminal charges against animals? (I check records on all potential puppy owners.)
- Please tell me anything else you wish for me to know about you and your family. Remember, transparency and communication are of utmost importance to me!
- Do you have any questions for me?
Getting to Know You
Once I have the opportunity to review the questionnaire, I may set up a phone call and/or a video conference call in order to get to know you on a more personal level. If I don’t have puppies available, I’d be happy to add your name to the interest list for future litters once I have your questionnaire on file. Being on the interest list or filling out the questionnaire don’t guarantee a puppy! I still reserve the right to vet potential candidates to make sure Shih Tzu puppies are placed in homes best suited to their individual temperament and their new families needs. The questionnaire and Interest list simply begin the process of getting to know one another!
More Specific Details
When the puppies are approximately 8 to 9 weeks of age they will receive their first set of vaccinations, deworming, and will be microchipped by a licensed Veterinarian. Temperament testing will take place during this time period as well.
Also, I will make the difficult decision of deciding which family prospects would be the best match for the Shih Tzu puppies in the litter. My decision will be based on how well my prospective families lifestyles align with my program goals and the unique individual temperaments of the puppies. Transparency is key in making successful matches. Remember, the more transparent a potential puppy owner is, the easier it will be for me to determine whether or not they would be a good fit for a puppy from the litter.
I will contact family prospects that appear to be a potential match for a puppy from the litter after evaluations to set up a video conference call to discuss in detail the veterinarian findings, temperament testing results, puppy pricing details and any other information I have gathered in regards to the puppies in the litter. If a match is made, the client will be directed to fill out the official puppy application on the trusted Good Dog website. (You’re welcome to view the application by clicking on the link below. If you have any issues retrieving the application via Good Dog please don’t hesitate to contact me for assistance.) https://www.gooddog.com/breeders/arizona-sunrise-shih-tzus-arizona
A $500 deposit will be required when the official application is completed. The deposit will be made through GoodDog. Please reread the contract before filling out the official application and placing the deposit to make sure you’re still comfortable with the terms and policies. Also, before the deposit can be placed clients must send me a copy of their driver’s license and a current matching utility bill that matches the address given on the questionnaire. The copy can be sent via GoodDog’s secure message portal or can be sent via email or text.
During the video call, I will also show clients the puppies and where they’re raised. Future puppy owners are welcome to show me their yard and any other area of the home where the puppy will spend a great deal of time if they’re comfortable.
Many clients ask if they can meet the puppies. This is a reasonable request. Approved clients are welcome to come visit their new puppy after the first set of vaccinations. I wait until after the first set of vaccinations because puppies have a very vulnerable immune system. Puppies receive a series of puppy booster shots for this very reason. Nobody is certain when the antibodies from their Mother’s breast milk leaves their system and allows the vaccine to offer full protection. Hence, puppies receive a shot every 3 to 4 weeks until they reach a certain age.
Parvovirus is a virus that is especially lethal to young puppies. I know breeders that have lost entire litters to Parvovirus. It’s a very resistant virus that can survive on almost anything for a very long time. As a result, I only allow the one visit with a very strict biosecurity protocol. I’d be happy to set up extra video conference calls for those clients that would like to see the puppies more frequently.
Choosing Your Puppy
Individuals that have been chosen to receive a Shih Tzu puppy from the litter may choose a specific puppy after temperament testing has been completed. As a Shih Tzu breeder, I don’t choose specific puppies for families. I simply work with families to help them find the puppy that is most fit for their lifestyle, while taking into account the individual needs of the puppy based on his or her unique temperament.
On the other hand, I do reserve the right to refuse to sell a puppy to a family if I feel it wouldn’t be in the best interest of the puppy or the family. Puppies will be chosen based on clients place in line on the litter list. Once the video conference call is complete, clients will have 24 hours to make a choice on which puppy is best suited for their lifestyle. Breeder reserves the right to first pick! Breeder may choose to forfeit, auction off or reassign the top pick spot.
Final full payment is due at-least one week before pick up. All final payments will be made through GoodDog.
Go home day will start when puppies are 11 weeks old. I try and only send home one puppy per day. This makes the transition easier on Mom and Littermates. I’ll send clients pick up day and time options right after puppy pick day.
One of the main goals of my breeding program is correct puppy placement to ensure both the Shih Tzu puppy and the family are compatible for the next 10 plus years. The puppies don’t have a voice. It is my duty as a responsible Shih Tzu breeder to try and place puppies in homes where they will thrive and live up to their full potential.
Remember to follow me on Instagram, Facebook or my blog for puppy updates. I post the most content on Instagram!