Contact me if you have any questions about my Shih Tzu puppies for sale. If you’re interested in being considered for a puppy from my responsible breeding program please complete the application below or fill out the application on GoodDog if you prefer.
(If you apply through GoodDog they require that you pay through GoodDog.) Click on the link below to be redirected to the GoodDog platform. If I don’t have any Shih Tzu puppies for sale, I’d be happy to hold your application on file for consideration for a future litter if you like.
If you prefer to fill out the application listed below instead of using GoodDog then simply send your responses to me via text. My phone number is (480) 645-5553. Or, if it is more convenient you can copy and paste the puppy application and your responses into the “Send a Message” section on the contact page.
- Full legal name(s) of all adults living in the home.
- Email address(s) for all adults living in household.
- Phone number(s) for all adults living in household.
- Birthdate(s) for all adults living in household.
- Current residential address:
- Current employer(s) for all adults living in household.
- How did you find out about Arizona Sunrise Shih Tzus?
- If you have children please list how many and their ages.
- Do you own any pets currently? What kind and how many? Have you owned pets in the past?
- If something were ever to happen to you who would care for the puppy/dog?
- What are you looking for in a puppy? Are you looking for a specific gender or color? Are you willing to take home a puppy that doesn’t meet your desired gender and color preferences?
- What is your price range?
- What desired personality traits are you hoping for in a puppy? Undesired personality traits?
- Does anyone in your household have unique needs you’re hoping the puppy/dog can help with? Companion animal? Therapy dog? Service dog? Emotional Support dog? Facility dog? Agility dog? Other?
- Do you have a fenced yard? If not, what are your plans for potty training and exercise?
- What is your work schedule like? How many hours a day will your puppy be left unattended?
- Do you travel a lot? Who will care for the puppy while you’re away?
- Would you describe your lifestyle as very active, moderately active, or not very active?
- Will you use any of the following to assist with potty breaks: Potty pad, turf potty porch, doggy door, take outdoors, outdoor kennel, other.
- Will you train your puppy or do you plan to hire a trainer?
- Are you willing to show me your yard and any other area the puppy may spend a lot of time through a FaceTime/video conference call?
- Has anyone residing in the household ever been convicted on any criminal charges against animals?
- Please tell me anything else you wish for me to know about you and your family. Remember, transparency and communication are of utmost importance to me!
- Are you willing to show me a copy of your current driver’s license and a matching utility bill if you’re approved for a puppy? (I apologize for the invasion of privacy. Once I had a client give a false address.)
- Are you willing to follow me on Instagram and Facebook? This helps me to get to know the families that may be taking home a puppy better. I grow to love each puppy raised in my program. I need to know they’re going to a good home.
- I post important and relevant information in regards to the puppies development, educational tips and important go home information on Instagram and Facebook. I highly recommend that you follow both of my social media accounts.
- How did you find out about Arizona Sunrise Shih Tzus?
- Are you aware that I have subcontracted SpaySecure and their legal team to enforce the spay/neuter policy? Have you read through the legally binding contract?
- Do you agree to remain in contact with me in regards to puppy/dog by providing a current photo and a short update periodically?
- Do you have any questions for me ? Ask me anything!
Getting to Know You
Once I have the opportunity to review the application, I may set up a phone call and/or a video conference call in order to get to know clients on a more personal level. If I don’t have any Shih Tzu puppies for sale, I’d be happy to add your name to the interest list for future litters once I have your application on file if you like. Being on the interest list doesn’t guarantee a puppy! I still reserve the right to vet potential candidates to make sure Shih Tzu puppies are placed in homes best suited to their individual temperament and their new families needs. The questionnaire and Interest list simply begin the process of getting to know one another! As a responsible Shih Tzu breeder, I don’t even consider taking a reservation fee until I feel that a client is a probable match for a puppy from my program. (The reservation fee is $500 and non-refundable.)
More Specific Details
When the Shih Tzu puppies are approximately 8 to 9 weeks of age they will receive their first set of vaccinations by a licensed Veterinarian. Temperament testing will take place during week 9 as well. I will contact families that have been assigned to the litter after evaluations to discuss in detail the veterinarian findings, temperament testing results and any other information I have gathered in regards to the puppies.
Clients that have been matched with a puppy are welcome to pay cash on pick up day or they can apply and pay through GoodDog a reputable, well known puppy advertising platform. If you’re interested in the GoodDog option simply click on the link.
https://www.gooddog.com/breeders/arizona-sunrise-shih-tzus-arizona GoodDog payments need to be paid out one full week before pick up.
Many clients ask if they can meet the puppies. This is a reasonable request. Approved clients that have been matched to the litter are welcome to come visit the puppies one week after the first set of vaccinations.
If there is a current canine viral outbreak in Arizona the visit will have to be done virtually for safety reasons. Also, If I have another litter of puppies residing in my home that hasn’t yet received their first set of vaccinations the visit will take place outdoors or in my garage.
I apologize for the inconvenience but I don’t operate a kennel. I don’t have the space to keep my dogs completely separate from one another. All adult dogs and puppies are raised in the heart of my home alongside my family. As a result, It is my job to have a biosafety protocol in place that will protect all the puppies raised under my care.
I wait until after the first set of vaccinations because puppies have a very vulnerable immune system. Puppies receive a series of puppy booster shots for this very reason. Nobody is certain when the antibodies from their mother’s breast milk leaves their system and allows the vaccine to offer full protection. Hence, puppies receive a shot every 3 to 4 weeks until they reach a certain age.
Parvovirus is a virus that is especially lethal to young puppies. I know Shih Tzu breeders and families that have lost puppies due to Parvovirus. It’s a very resistant virus that can survive on almost anything for a very long time. As a result, I only allow one visit with a very strict biosecurity protocol.
If you come to my home for the puppy visit then we will set up a meet up location for puppy drop off day. I like to stick to one home visit to reduce the chances of bringing in pathogens. I am happy to bring your puppy to your place of residence if you live within one hour of my home and my schedule is free. Check out my Transportation page for more specifics in regards to puppy go home day.
Choosing Your Puppy
Individuals that have been chosen to receive a Shih Tzu puppy from the litter may choose a specific puppy after temperament testing has been completed. As a Shih Tzu breeder, I don’t choose specific puppies for families. I simply work with families to help them find the puppy that is most fit for their lifestyle, while taking into account the individual needs of the puppy based on his or her unique temperament. On the other hand, I do reserve the right to refuse to sell a puppy to a family if I feel it wouldn’t be in the best interest of the puppy or the family.
Puppies will be chosen based on clients place in line on the litter list. Once clients and I discuss temperament testing results, a puppy must be chosen within 24 hours in order to be fair to clients still waiting to chose. Breeder reserves the right to first pick! Breeder may choose to forfeit, auction off or reassign the top pick spot.
If a family decides to pass on a litter because they didn’t feel any of the puppies would meet their needs they are welcome to wait for a future litter. Pick spots are based on date application was received and approved. Unfortunately, I prefer not to tell clients their place in line on the Interest list or the litter list. It is hard to say because clients may change their mind or move to a different litter.
Final full payment is due at-least one week before pick up if using GoodDog. If clients prefer they can pay in cash on pickup day as long as they didn’t apply through GoodDog. GoodDog requires all clients who are approved through GoodDog to complete payments through GoodDog.
Go home day will start when puppies are 11 weeks old. I try my best to only send home one puppy per day. This makes the transition easier on Mom and Littermates. I’ll send clients pick up day and time options right after puppy pick day.
one of the main goals as a responsible Shih Tzu breeder is correct puppy placement. I do everything in my power to ensure both the Shih Tzu puppy and the family are compatible. The puppies don’t have a voice. It is my duty to try and place puppies in homes where they will thrive and live up to their full potential.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook or my blog for puppy updates. I post the most content on Instagram!